Sam Raimi Refuses to Watch The Amazing Spider-Man

Been wondering what Spider-Man director Sam Raimi thinks of The Amazing Spider-Man? Well wonder know more as the helmer went on the record about the movie over the weekend.

Speaking to TheHuffingtonPost, Raimi revealed that he hasn’t actually seen the recent reboot.

“I'm a big Marc Webb fan and a giant fan of Emma Stone,” he explained. “And of Andrew Garfield. I saw him on Broadway in Death of a Salesman; it's just brilliant. And I love the producers of that movie because they are dear friends, and the writer. But, I haven't had the guts to go see the movie yet. Because I don't want to go to my girlfriend's wedding. I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't have the guts.”

However, Raimi added that he has only heard good things about the movie, even from his nearest and dearest…

“I hear it's great. My wife even loved the picture and said it was a wonderful, excellently produced, beautifully acted, brilliantly written Spider-Man picture. She'd tell me the truth and that's what she said.”

Marc Webb is currently shooting The Amazing Spider-Man 2, while Raimi’s Oz: The Great and Powerful hits screens next month.

Chris Tilly is the Entertainment Editor for IGN in the UK and his poor excuse for banter can be found on both Twitter and MyIGN.


Source : feeds[dot]ign[dot]com

0 comments:

Post a Comment